To Start with......
Click on the following web site; read it, take notes, and pay attention to the photographs. You'll have to recognize them again....
Georgia Online web site
Click on the following links and answer the questions below...
Georgia Online sed structures lab
Sketch the drawings on the web site, and visually compare the sketch to the real examples in the photo's.
1. How do symmetrical ripples form?
2. What are sole marks, and how do they form?
3. What are flute marks? How do they form? How can we determine direction of flow using flute marks?
Answer the questions below by going to the following web site...
Click on "Chemical structures", then on each progressive link to answer the following questions. Anytime you are instructed to "click on" something, click on the small blue arrows.
4. How are stylolites formed?
5. What are concretions, and how are they usually formed?
6. What are crystal casts, and how are they formed?
Click on "Biogenic Structures"
7. What are each of the following: Trace fossils; grazing Trails; burrows.
8. What are stromatolites?
9. Thought question - answer this if you can reason the logic behind it - at least make an attempt! You first must understand how a stromatolite forms, or grows.....
10. Why would a stromatolite be good to use as an indicator of which direction was oriented upward?
Click on "Deformational Structures".
11. Draw a flame structure.
12. What is a load cast?
Click on "Current Flow Structures".
13. What are the 3 ways parallel laminations can form?
14. When do ripple marks form?
Quote of the moment: (Reload this page for a new quote)
"To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while." --Josh Billings
[Sorry. Only this one quote for non-Java browsers]