Go to the web sites below the questions to be answered and research the biome associated with the number of the computer at which you are sitting. Make sure you answer all the questions below, you may have to visit more than one website in order to find the information you need.
USE ONLY THE WEBSITES I HAVE LINKED FROM THIS PAGE TO GET YOUR INFORMATION! (Just Say No to Wiki!)
The computer number and the Biome specific to that computer is listed below the web links near the bottom of today's assignment.
(Computer #1 does Biome #1, Computer #2 does Biome #2, etc.)
You may either write or type the report, answering the questions below. This will take a while, so plan your time wisely and be prepared to have the finished product tomorrow by the end of class.
For the biome you are assigned answer each of the following:
1) List the World Locations where is it found.
2) What are the Physical Characteristics (Physical Nature of the Biome) - what does it Look like?
3) List the Inhabitants, both Autotrophs (Producers, Plants) and Heterotrophs(Consumers, Animals)
4) List any Special Names for your Biome; Example Tropical Rain Forest is often called a Jungle. These may depend on Country or Location.
5) List the Average Climate of Biome
6) List the Average Yearly Precipitation of the Biome
7) List the Soil Type of the Biome
8) List any Biome Subdivisions (plants and animals in the subdivisions) -- show major predators, show animals found only in this biome.
9) What Human Impact is found in your Biome?
10) List any interesting facts about your Biome you may find.
11) List special adaptations that enable plants and animals to survive in that particular Biome
12) List the percentage of land which the biome occupies worldwide.
Blue Planet Biomes
Missouri Botanical garden
National Geographic Wild World
Classroom of the Future
Computer # - Biome topic
1) Deciduous (temperate) Forest
5) Grasslands (temperate)
7) Rainforest (tropical)
10) Deciduous (temperate) Forest
14) Grasslands (temperate)
16) Rainforest (tropical)
19) Deciduous (temperate) Forest
23) Grasslands (temperate)
25) Rainforest (tropical)
28) Deciduous (temperate) Forest
32) Grasslands (temperate)
Quote of the moment: (Reload this page for a new quote)
"To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while." --Josh Billings
[Sorry. Only this one quote for non-Java browsers]